P / Methamphetamine
Are you concerned about the presence of P in your property? P / Methamphetamine contamination is an increasing problem in New Zealand’s residential, rental and commercial buildings.
What we do
Home Cleanse are specialists in methamphetamine testing, methamphetamine cleaning and methamphetamine decontamination and we pride ourselves on making the process simple and easy to understand. Through our quality processes and procedures, we will ensure your property is quickly restored to a healthy, safe and habitable standard.
OUR SERVICE INCLUDES:
Initial P Testing
An initial cost-effective P/ Meth laboratory test to give you a definitive answer as to whether your property needs to be cleaned and decontaminated.
Cleaning / Cleansing
Specialist P/ Meth cleaning equipment that delivers superior results.
Post Remediation Test
Final laboratory test that will show levels of contamination are at safe levels.
Why choose us?
PROJECTS DONE ON TIME
Our team will do all your projects on time and well within the budget. You can be safe and certain with us.
We adhere to the highest industry standards and provide you with a service that is backed by years of knowledge and experience.
We’re there for you anytime you need us. Contact us for a consultation, estimate or any question you might have about your project or our work.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL
We will work closely with you to ensure that your home is in top shape after we are done with it.
WHAT IS a Meth ‘p’ lab?
- Clandestine (illegal) drug manufacturing centre utilising mostly common household ingredients. The mixing and cooking of these ingredients create harmful chemicals and fumes that can remain on surfaces for years
- Labs often produce two chemical forms of meth – free base and hydrochloride salt
WHAT IS METHAMPHETAMINE?
- Meth is a powerfully addictive stimulant that affects the central nervous system
- Other names are: P, Meth, Speed, Chalk, Crystal, Ice, Crank and Glass
- Generally white, odourless and bitter-tasting crystalline powder
WHAT ARE THE NEW ZEALAND REQUIREMENTS?
- New Zealand standard; <1.5ug/100cm2
- Permits (Work Plan)
- Check local regulations concerning disclosure on real estate sales
- New Zealand standards require clearance testing by Certified Independent Laboratory (Hills) and Council inspectors
WHAT ARE SOME SIGNS THAT A HOME MAY BE contaminated?
- Yellowish discolorations on walls, drains, sinks and showers
- Bluish discolorations of faucets, fire extinguishers, propane tank valves
- Fire detectors are removed or have tape over them
- Burning in eyes, itchy throat, metallic taste in the mouth and breathing problems in the home
- Strong solvent odours, odours of cat urine or ammonia
- Bleach stains on carpet
- Stains on linoleum
- Dark stains in sinks (yellow, purple or red)
- Burn piles in the yard
- Window coverings enhanced with sheets or blankets
WHAT are the methods of cleaning & decontamination?
- Internal strip-out
- Harsh chemical decontamination
- Detergent method
- Foaming and fogging
WHAT IS the quote process?
- Swab Testing – initial samples
- Intensive Laboratory Testing
- Decision time – owner-realtor – tenant
- Assessment done by first responders
- Recommendations & estimates provided
WHAT is the process of cleaning & decontamination?
- Every surface – walls, ceilings, hard flooring, counter tops, cabinets, appliances, fixtures, and other materials not removed are scrubbed
- Decontamination product is foamed on
- All surfaces are rinsed and retested
- Process is followed again if necessary
- Fogging process will be used dependent on level of contamination
WHAT happens after approval is granted?
- Ventilate property – heating system/windows open
- Removal of porous materials – carpet, carpet pad, window coverings, debris, personal property, garbage, acoustical ceiling tiles, exposed insulation, unfinished/sealed wood, insulated ducts, and may include stained plumbing fixtures, sheetrock, or flooring if lab
- HEPA vacuum surfaces
- Chosen method of cleaning
- Re-test and await lab results
- Re-sealing (painting)
From Our Clients
“Home Cleanse did a great job decontaminating our home. The retest results showed that the Meth levels had reduced significantly in the affected areas after just one clean. I would like to thank the Home Cleanse team for their work ethic and professionalism throughout this process”(Bayfair)
My property needs to be decontaminated, what stays and what goes?
Only hard non-porous items can be decontaminated. Such as, sheet rocked walls and ceiling, subfloors, hard surface flooring, doors, cabinets, countertops, metal ductwork, furnaces etc. Items to be removed and disposed of would be carpet, carpet pad, drop ceiling tiles, acoustical ceiling tiles, insulated ductwork, and exposed insulation. To schedule a time for us to come and look at your property and talk with you about your options. Call us at 0272351690
My rental property tested positive for meth, what is next?
After making sure everyone is safe. Generally, contacting your insurance company is one of the first steps. Is the property vacant or occupied? If the property is vacant the process of decontaminating can start straight away. If occupied, the tenant needs to be relocated or must leave during the decontamination. The Home Cleanse Decontamination Specialist will remove and dispose of the porous items and clean and test the non-porous items for the tenant.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY
Send a message below or give us a call, we would love to hear from you!
2/47 Cherrywood Drive
Tauranga, New Zealand
07 576 2994 – Office
027 235 1690 – Mobile